Fire at KPLS!
Te radio station, KPLS 1510 AM, broadcasts my health program " Journey To A Full Life". If this program has been helpful to you and you'd like to continue listening to it, please help KPLS.
A severe thunderstorm passed through the Denver area on the evening of June 28, causing a power outage at KPLS. The utility company arrived the following day to make repairs, but when power was restored to our building, there was a loud bang and sizzling sound. Our surge suppressor failed and caught fire, igniting the back inner wall of the transmitter building. The flames quickly spread to the attic. Thankfully, KPLS chief engineer Richard Andersen was on site and immediately called the fire department, who arrived within 10 minutes and extinguished the fire.
Currently, KPLS is using a back-up transmitter and an emergency power generator that we have rented for a month. The building constructor and electrician are working to address the wiring issues caused by the fire. We hope to be back on air by Tuesday or Wednesday, pending the arrival of the generator and ensuring compatibility with the transmitter.
Unfortunately, this incident is not covered by insurance. We appreciate your prayers and financial support during this challenging time.
To help financially, please visit KPLS.org or RADIO74. net